Thursday, April 13, 2006

Paper Shores

Paper Shores I – VII, 2006
Paper dipped in dye and seawater
20cm x 150cm





There are 7 works in this series, referrencing the Seven Seas. Long, narrow strips of paper have been dipped repeatedly in dye mixed with seawater.

The orange is purely personal. It was a cloudy day on the beach in Melbourne with some friends. They were surfing and I wondered at how they could bear to be in that icy grey ocean. I had on 2 jumpers, a parka and I had also brought a very large, very bright orange blanket which I wrapped around me as I stayed on shore watching them. The color of the blanket against the dull gloom of that day will always stay with me.

The first two images are installation views.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i spilt kari ikan on my shirt one day. the stain was orange in colour.

i feel closer to u now.

6:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home